Saturday, January 28, 2006

Little *wow* moments....


Such an awesome day!!!

I had a lovely, lazy early morning, catching up with online friends and fellow bloggers ....

Then dug up my first Kiwi home grown potatoes!!!!

Aren't they beautiful?

It felt so good..I planted them 2 weeks after we came here and didn't even know if I would be here to harvest them...an act of faith that was well rewarded :o)

The beautiful bowl in the next post is a gift from a lovely friend...

I have been wanting to photograph it since he gave it to me last weekend, but the light was always too harsh when I got it together...

as it were....

I thought about putting the potatoes in it, but decided that may be construed as an injustice.....

not that my potatoes are unworthy....but;

So I photographed the bowl sans spuds....

and wrote it a Haiku.....

Also discovered that another friend and I were born in the same tiny town..and we meet over 30 years later at the other end of the planet....

How *WILD* is that?!!!!

1 comment:

Gill said...

I agree, Bobby, the bowl is very special - and though your spuds are too, I can see why the two don't really belong together!

Congrats on your first harvest! I bet they taste especially yummy.