Friday, February 11, 2005

Somewhere Over Greenland.....

Wow....this flight is totally awesome so far!

The airport was hard work as we had to repack all the bags to redistribute the weight..in a crowded terminal with 4 kids running wild around us! Lucky for us that Debbo and Dotty were there! It was no mean feat involving unwrapping many yards of Fragile tape and rearranging 10 suitcases!! We made it in the end though. Dotty had to go and Debbo came up with us before we went into departure..it was really sad saying goodbye....we were all crying but it seemed we were surrounded by others crying too. Debbo bought us all little guardian angels and they are doing a great job :)

The moment we got on board almost all fear of flying left and the old excitement returned. I love taking off..feeling that power! I was way more excited than the children..there first flight and they are so laid back..duh!

Boo had the window seat but I have been standing at the back of the plane looking out. Flying over Iceland and then Greenland was fantastic.......seeing all the glaciers and the coastline..*awesome*

Greenland is *HUGE* we were flying at around 900 kilometres an hour and it still semed to stretch on and on...I watched he sunset for what felt like hours and then saw the crescent moon appear right by the wing tip. I realised that it was not going to get dark..and sure enough I saw the dawn sky right next to the sunset...just wild!! I am sure the other passengers thought I was drunk or plain crazy, so much did I flip over this.

Air New Zealand rock..the service is great as are the veggie meals..although the children of course are moaning about it!

No comments: